Premises Registration Information

Each Canadian Province and Territory has specific guidelines for creating a premises identification number, please see the information below regarding premises registration in your province/territory.

Once you have registered your premises with your provincial registrar you can add the assigned premises number to your CLTS account. Click Here for instructions on how to do so. Note: you do not need to add your provincial PID to your CLTS account in order to use it in a transaction.

ProvinceHow to ApplyWho can Apply?How do I know the Premises ID number?
BC•Use the online registration system, accessed from the program website:
•Complete the BC Premises Identification Registration paper form and submit via one of the following three options:
1. Mail to: BCPID, Ministry of Agriculture, 1767 Angus Campbell Road, Abbotsford, BC V3G 2M3
2. Fax to: 604-556-3030
3. Drop off a copy at any BC Ministry of Agriculture office
* Regulated producers may contact their industry boards.
• Phone: 1-888-221-7141 or 604-556-3001
• Any owners of land or operators of facilities where animals are kept, assembled, grown or disposed of. • Ask a Premises ID Program Representative at the Ministry of Agriculture in Abbotsford (1-888-221-7141 or 604-556-3001) or send an email to
• Poultry, Dairy and Hogs - Request from producer organization.
• Poultry - Regulated marketing poultry premises have Premises IDs posted at farm gates and on barns.
ABAlberta Agriculture & Forestry
• Paper Application: Available at local Ag-Info Centres
• Online:
• 310-FARM (3276) for the Premises Identification Program at the Ag-Info Centre
• Owners of Animals (i.e. livestock or poultry, excludes households pets such as dogs/cats & wildlife)
• Operators of commingling sites
• Regulations:
• PID number mailed to account holder
Online access to account information is available.
SKSaskatchewan Agriculture
• Online:
• Questions - phone: Joe Novak 306-787-7702
• General inquires - Agricultural Knowledge Centre - Phone: 1-866-457-2377
• Email inquires:
• The individual responsible for the primary care of livestock.Online access to account information.
MBManitoba Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
• Online:
• Paper Application: Available at local MAFRD offices
• Email:
• Phone: 204-945-7684
• Land Owner
• Livestock/Poultry Owner
• Emergency Contact
• MAFRD will notify by mail.
ONYou can register and/or update your premises information with AGSI
• Visit the Ontario PPR website
• Call Monday through Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm at
1-855-MY-PPR-ID (1-855-697-7743)
• Land Owner
• Land Tennant
• Emergency Contact
• Premises Identification Number Certificate sent within 24 hours from AGSI (unless some verification is needed on the application)
QCAgri-Traçabilité Québec
• Online :
• Phone (toll free) : 1 866 270-4319
Regulated commodities have assigned numbers.
• Owner or custodian of regulated animals (cattle, sheep and cervids).• After registration and by mail.
NBNB Dept. of Agriculture & Aquaculture and Fisheries
Dairy: PLANNED: in conjunction with commodity group
Hogs: in conjunction with commodity group
Poultry: in conjunction with commodity group
Sheep: in conjunction with commodity group
• Website:
• Email:
• Phone: 506-453-2109
• Land Owner
• Agricultural Producer
• Number sent to land owner or agricultural producer by mail.
NS• Government assigned.
• Website:
• Email:
• Phone: 902-890-9840
• Fax: 902-893-0244
• Any owner of livestock or livestock facility where animals are grown, kept, assembled or disposed of.• Once issued, the number will be forwarded to the land owner / livestock owner.
PEPEI Department of Agriculture and Forestry
• Email:
• Tel: 1-866-PEI-FARM
• Land Owner or those with the authority to submit information for a premises (renters, family members, farm/business staff, etc.).• Once the information is validated and entered into the system, a PID number is assigned to the premises. The applicant is then informed by mail.
YTYukon Energy, Mines and Resources
• Email:
• Phone: 867-667-3043
• All species, commercial or non.• A letter of acknowledgement is sent to the applicant once the information in the application is validated.
NLNL Department of Natural Resources, Forestry and Agrifoods Agency
• To apply, contact Sarah Hynes
• Email:
• Phone: 709-637-2088
• Land Holders
• Producers
• Informed by Department of Natural Resources, Forestry and Agrifoods Agency.
• Email:
• Not yet determined.• Not yet determined.
• Email:
• Not yet determined.• Not yet determined.